If you are in the market for a new storage cabinet (or locker, as it is more commonly known), you will find it useful to know that there exist several varieties of lockers for sale, all of them with an intended purpose that can be very different from one another. As such, the first thing you need to do when heading out to buy a locker is understanding your requirements. Do you want a locker to use at home or one that can fit inside your office? What about lockers for a sports complex or gymnasium?Following is a list of a few different varieties of lockers available for sale. A brief description is included to help you understand what their most important features are, and what distinguishes them from the others.
- Sports Locker – Sturdy and durable, metal lockers are probably the most famous type of locker in the market these days, and for very good reasons indeed. After all, an entirely metallic construction means that these lockers can sustain prolonged use without getting damaged. A dash of paint is everything you will need to keep them in service after the original paint fades away (this is necessary to avoid oxidation damage, which can occur with certain metals). Metal lockers are suitable to be used as office lockers, but they will perform equally well in schools or residential spaces.
- Heavy Duty Lockers – This type of work lockers is mainly intended for industrial use, which means that this what you need to look for when generic metal lockers are not strong enough. Features of heavy duty lockers include a very rugged construction (which is even sturdier than the best metal lockers out there), ample storage spaces and preventive security features to keep your belongings safe at all times.
- Perforated Lockers – This type of lockers has a rather peculiar feature in that the locker doors are perforated to provide much-needed ventilation to the insides. They are useful whenever you want others to see the contents, or when you need to aerate the interior to avoid bad smells. Best suited for storing fabrics and clothes.
- School Lockers – As the name implies, these lockers are relatively simple and mostly designed for use by schoolchildren. As a result of this, they will not have very advanced security features, but they do a good enough job to provide children with ample storage area to store their belongings, which can be anything from books to tennis rackets, shoes and anything else that might be of use in the afterschool sessions.
- Mini-Lockers – Having substantial space restrictions? Mini lockers are what you need to be looking at! Drastically reduced in size compared to other types of lockers, they will nevertheless provide you with a few more areas to safely store your belongings.